Nielsen (NLSN) Plans to Deliver All-Electronic Measurement to Local TV Markets Next Year
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) announced that by mid-2017, it will provide all electronic measurement in its local television ratings across all 210 designated market areas (DMAs). Nielsen will incorporate Return Path Data from set-top boxes and other electronic measurement into local services, including the 140 TV markets currently measured by paper TV diaries. The integration of Return Path Data will pave the way for the retirement of paper TV diaries in early 2018.
"By tapping into the strengths of Return Path Data and electronic measurement, and combining it with Nielsen's gold-standard panels and meters, we will be delivering a superior product to help all local clients address current challenges and be better positioned for future trends," said Megan Clarken, President, Nielsen Product Leadership. "These enhancements are part of Nielsen's commitment to invest in and transform how local TV is measured in a cross-platform world across all screens and devices."
Nielsen will combine its currency-grade panel data with Return Path Data and other electronic measurement from millions of homes across multiple providers to provide the market with unparalleled granularity, stability and market insights.
Nielsen is advancing local TV services by providing clients with consistent measurement, true-person exposure data and complete local market coverage. This enhanced measurement service will provide actionable audience estimates, enabling precise buying of persons-level data to uncover the true value of local audiences. For the 210 DMAs, the new service will bring measurement on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, 365 days a year.
With these enhancements, Nielsen's Local TV service will continue to provide the industry with the trusted measurement that buyers and sellers need to transact with confidence across all 210 DMAs.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!