NewLead Holdings (NEWL) Enters $57M Sales Agreement for Two Tanker Vesselsl to Convert $18.1M of Debt into Common
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
NewLead Holdings Ltd. (Nasdaq: NEWL) announced that the Company entered into an agreement with Piraeus Bank S.A. to proceed with the sale of the two tanker vessels, Hiona and Hiotissa, for an aggregate amount of $57.0 million and to convert, subject to satisfaction of certain conditions precedent by the Company, $18.1 million debt into 22.1 million shares of NewLead's common stock. As a result of this transaction, NewLead will be released from all obligations under the Piraeus Bank credit facility. These transactions are expected to occur in the third quarter of 2012 and are subject to certain conditions.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Land and Buildings Urges BRE Properties (BRE) to Explore Sale; Nominates Board Members
- Total (TOT) to Acquire Majority Stake in InterOil (IOC) PNG Play for ~$3.6B
- Golar LNG (GLNG) Selling 3.4M Golar LNG Partners (GMLP) Stake
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!