Neurocrine Biosciences' (NBIX) NDA for INGREZZA Accepted by FDA; Priority Review Granted
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: NBIX) announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted for Priority Review the New Drug Application (NDA) for INGREZZA (valbenazine) for the treatment of tardive dyskinesia. The INGREZZA application has been given a Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) target action date of April 11, 2017.
"This is another significant milestone for Neurocrine and more importantly those patients who are suffering from tardive dyskinesia," said Kevin C. Gorman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Neurocrine Biosciences. "We will continue to work with the FDA in their review of the INGREZZA NDA to potentially bring this important treatment option to patients and physicians."
A Priority Review designation accelerates the FDA review timeline from 10 months to 6 months from the date of acceptance of the NDA. The designation directs the FDA's overall attention and resources to the evaluation of applications for drugs that, if approved, would be a significant improvement in the safety or effectiveness of the treatment of a serious condition. INGREZZA (valbenazine) previously received Fast Track status and Breakthrough Designation status from the FDA.
The NDA for INGREZZA includes the results from the Kinect 2 and Kinect 3 clinical trials which evaluated over 330 tardive dyskinesia patients. Data from these studies along with the results from another 18 clinical trials, extensive preclinical testing and drug manufacturing data were included in the NDA submission.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX) Reports Results from Phase II Clinical Study of VMAT2 Inhibitor INGREZZA
- Neurocrine Announces Completion of Phase II Clinical Study of VMAT2 Inhibitor INGREZZA™ (valbenazine) in Adults with Tourette Syndrome
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) Announces First Patient Enrolled in Phase 3 Clinical Trial Evaluating Defibrotide for Prevention of VOD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!