Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX) Announces Conditional FDA Acceptance of Proposed Valbenazine Brand Name
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: NBIX) announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has conditionally accepted the proprietary name "INGREZZA™" for the Company's once-daily vesicular monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2) inhibitor valbenazine. The Company has recently announced the submission of a New Drug Application (NDA) with the FDA for valbenazine in tardive dyskinesia and is also exploring its utility in Tourette syndrome.
The name INGREZZA (pronounced in-GREH-zah) was developed using the FDA's Guidance for Industry, Contents of a Complete Submission for the Evaluation of Proprietary Names consistent with the goal of preventing medication errors. Additionally, the proprietary name development program included prescribers, pharmacists and linguists to create a unique, memorable name that helps to connote the clinical value of INGREZZA.
The NDA for INGREZZA includes the results from the Kinect 2 and Kinect 3 clinical trials which evaluated over 330 tardive dyskinesia patients. Data from these studies along with the results from another 18 clinical trials, extensive preclinical testing and drug manufacturing data were included in the NDA filing. The Company expects to receive notification of the acceptance of the NDA filing, as well as the timeframe for NDA review from the FDA in October 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- OncoMed Pharma (OMED) Chief Medical Officer Dupont Resgins
- Cempra (CEMP) Announces Commencement of Solithromycin Phase 3s in Japan
- General Mills (GIS) to Form New Organizational Structure; Will Focus on Four Business Groups
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!