NeuroMetrix's (NURO) Quell Devices Receives CE Mark
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
NeuroMetrix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NURO) announced that the CE (Conformité Européenne) Certificate for Quell® has been received from TŰV SŰD Product Service GmbH, which is one of the Notified Bodies responsible for reviewing and approving new products. This certification in the European Union allows sales and marketing of Quell as a class IIa medical device, as defined by the Medical Device Directive (93/42/EEC). CE certification or “CE Marking” allows Quell to be marketed directly to consumers within the European Union.
Recent epidemiological studies indicate that 20-40% of the adult European population suffers from chronic pain, with an annual financial cost exceeding US $250B. As in the US, the impact of chronic pain extends beyond the direct effects of pain to include disturbed sleep, low activity, mental health issues, cardiovascular disease and generally poor health.
“Europe is the natural market for initial international expansion of Quell sales,” said Shai N. Gozani, M.D., Ph.D., President and CEO of NeuroMetrix. “Today we are focused on North America; however, our longer term strategy is to make Quell available in all markets with a high prevalence of chronic pain. Now that we have CE Certification, we will accelerate partnership and distribution discussions that will position us for market entry in 2017. We are pleased to have gained certification making Quell available in Europe.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NeuroMetrix (NURO) Brings Quell to Amazon.com
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- J. Crew makes preparations for possible debt restructuring: sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!