NeuroMetrix (NURO) Receives Chinese Patent Related to DPNCheck Core Technology
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
NeuroMetrix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NURO) announced that the State Intellectual Property Office of the People’s Republic of China has issued Chinese Patent No. ZL20118055305.7 for the core technology underlying the Company’s DPNCheck® device, which is a point-of-care test for peripheral neuropathies such as diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN). The patent claims cover the novel integrated design of the device that enables accurate and rapid measurement of sural nerve conduction, which is a standard neuropathy biomarker. Additional claims cover the automation algorithms and consumable biosensors.
China is dealing with an epidemic of diabetes. According to a recently published study in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), the prevalence of diabetes in the Chinese population has risen dramatically over the past decades to nearly 12% today. The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) estimated in 2014 that over 96 million people in China had diabetes. This represents nearly 25% of the IDF estimated worldwide population of 387 million people with diabetes.
The Company is partnering with Omron Corporation to introduce DPNCheck to the China healthcare market.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Pfizer (PFE), Astellas Announce FDA Approval of Updated XTANDI Label for Adv. Prostate Cancer
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!