NeuroMetrix (NURO) Receives Chinese Patent Related to DPNCheck Core Technology
- Oil rallies over $50 despite OPEC output cut doubts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
NeuroMetrix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NURO) announced that the State Intellectual Property Office of the People’s Republic of China has issued Chinese Patent No. ZL20118055305.7 for the core technology underlying the Company’s DPNCheck® device, which is a point-of-care test for peripheral neuropathies such as diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN). The patent claims cover the novel integrated design of the device that enables accurate and rapid measurement of sural nerve conduction, which is a standard neuropathy biomarker. Additional claims cover the automation algorithms and consumable biosensors.
China is dealing with an epidemic of diabetes. According to a recently published study in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), the prevalence of diabetes in the Chinese population has risen dramatically over the past decades to nearly 12% today. The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) estimated in 2014 that over 96 million people in China had diabetes. This represents nearly 25% of the IDF estimated worldwide population of 387 million people with diabetes.
The Company is partnering with Omron Corporation to introduce DPNCheck to the China healthcare market.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NeuroMetrix (NURO) Brings Quell to Amazon.com
- AT&T touts Time Warner merger at U.S. Senate hearing
- ContraVir Pharma (CTRV) Announces Positive Update on CRV431 as HBV Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!