Netlist (NLST) Announces USPTO Issues Reexamination Certificate for '537 Patent
- Oil edges up ahead of U.S. data, OPEC squabbles cap gains
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Visa (V) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Rambus (RMBS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Issues Q4 Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/24: (SAEX) (CWEI) (RMBS) Higher; (SONC) (WNC) (EFII) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Netlist, Inc. (NASDAQ: NLST), today announced the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has issued an Inter Partes Reexamination Certificate for U.S. Patent No. 7,532,537, marking the final milestone of the years-long reexamination brought by Inphi. The '537 patent covers the fundamental concept of load reduction, a technology integral to the high performance memory module market, a market forecasted to be $37 billion1 through 2021.
The '537 patent is one of a number of Netlist patents to have survived post-grant review proceedings. Netlist prevailed in multiple Inter Partes Reviews (IPRs) brought by SanDisk and Smart Modular against U.S. Patent No. 8,516,185, covering the distributed buffer architecture adopted by the industry for DDR4 LRDIMM, as well as U.S. Patent Nos. 8,301,833 and 8,516,187 related to clocking and buffering techniques that are critical to the design of hybrid memory modules such as NVDIMM and Storage Class Memory. Netlist has also been successful in defending U.S. Patent Nos. 8,001,434 and 8,359,501 against IPRs brought by SanDisk and Smart Modular, with 15 total claims being validated related to self-test technologies widely used in LRDIMMs, SSDs, and Storage Class Memory. The decisions in the self-test IPRs are currently on appeal before the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
"We are very pleased to have received this hard-won certificate for the reexamination of our seminal '537 patent," said Netlist's Chief Executive Officer, C.K. Hong. "We believe the success we have had in defending our intellectual property in the USPTO and the federal courts underscores the strength of our patent portfolio, particularly in the area of high performance DIMMs, and provides us with a solid platform from which to license our technology."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Appoints New Chief Restructuring Officer
- MagnaChip (MX) Announces Order and Final Judgment Issued in Derivative Action Suits
- Finjan Holdings (FNJN) Receives European Patent Related to Adaptive Rule-Based Content Scanners
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!