Net 1 UEPS Technologies (UEPS) Receives Favorable NPA Decision in SASSA Litigation
- Target (TGT) November/December Comps Fell 1.3%; Lowers Guidance
- US Drone Market Could Reach 6 Million By 2019 - Oppenheimer
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Net 1 UEPS Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: UEPS) announced that it has been notified that the National Prosecuting Authority has taken a "no prosecution decision" on the criminal charges brought by SASSA against the Company and Grindrod Bank Limited.
On June 15, 2016, SASSA brought criminal charges against the Company and Grindrod Bank for failing to comply with the recently amended Regulations to the Social Assistance Act (the "Regulations"), which SASSA interprets to prohibit the processing of deductions from bank accounts held by SASSA beneficiaries. SASSA's decision to file the criminal charges followed the Company's announcement on June 3, 2016, that it had filed for a declaratory order with the South African High Court to provide certainty on the interpretation of the Regulations. SASSA is opposing the Company's application, which is scheduled to be heard on October 17, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank CEO apologizes for conduct in toxic mortgages case
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Agrees to Pay $7.2B for Misleading Investors in Sale of RMBS
- PayPal (PYPL) Names Belinda Johnson to Board, Increasing Board Size to 10
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!