Net 1 UEPS Technologies (UEPS) Receives Favorable NPA Decision in SASSA Litigation
- Oil edges up ahead of U.S. data, OPEC squabbles cap gains
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Visa (V) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Rambus (RMBS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Issues Q4 Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/24: (SAEX) (CWEI) (RMBS) Higher; (SONC) (WNC) (EFII) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Net 1 UEPS Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: UEPS) announced that it has been notified that the National Prosecuting Authority has taken a "no prosecution decision" on the criminal charges brought by SASSA against the Company and Grindrod Bank Limited.
On June 15, 2016, SASSA brought criminal charges against the Company and Grindrod Bank for failing to comply with the recently amended Regulations to the Social Assistance Act (the "Regulations"), which SASSA interprets to prohibit the processing of deductions from bank accounts held by SASSA beneficiaries. SASSA's decision to file the criminal charges followed the Company's announcement on June 3, 2016, that it had filed for a declaratory order with the South African High Court to provide certainty on the interpretation of the Regulations. SASSA is opposing the Company's application, which is scheduled to be heard on October 17, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Appoints New Chief Restructuring Officer
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) Enters Agreement to Sell Giddings Area Assets in $400M Deal; Names New COO
- Noah Holdings (NOAH) Announces RMB348M Investment From Sequoia Capital China
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!