Neovasc (NVCN) Receives Approval to Initiate TIARA II CE Mark Study in Italy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Neovasc Inc. (NASDAQ: NVCN) received both regulatory and ethics committee approval to initiate the Tiara™ Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement Study (TIARA II) in Italy. TIARA II is a 115 patient, non-randomized, prospective clinical study evaluating the safety and performance of the Tiara™ Transcatheter Mitral Valve with the Tiara™ Transapical Delivery System (Tiara™).
With these critical approvals now in place, it is expected that the first Italian TIARA II clinical study site will be initiated before year end, with first enrollment anticipated early in the new year. Approvals in additional geographies are expected in the first quarter of 2017.
"We have been very encouraged by the results to date with the Tiara device," stated Alexei Marko, Neovasc CEO. "Tiara has been successfully implanted in a wide range of patients including those with prosthetic aortic valves in place (both tissue and mechanical valves) and those with prior mitral valve surgical repairs, including mitral rings. With this approval, we look forward to beginning our CE mark study which offers a less invasive treatment option for patients determined to be high risk for surgery, suffering from severe MR, and to eventually have Tiara available as a treatment option for clinical use to treat this devastating disease."
It is expected that data from this study will be used to file for CE Mark approval for Tiara™. CE Mark is the European Union (EU) regulatory approval to commercialize a medical device. Receiving the CE Mark demonstrates that a product has been assessed by the EU authorities and conforms to the European essential requirements for safety and performance.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 12/2: (FNMA) (SRPT) (GALE) (NVCN)
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 12/2: (VASC)/(TFX) (TWTR) (III) (BSX)/(NVCN)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!