Navidea Biopharma (NAVB) to Receive $1M in Lymphoseek-Related Milestone Payments
- Wall Street dips as Verizon drags; AmEx curbs losses
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/20: (DRWI) (MBRX) (SPU) Higher; (RIGL) (FLXS) (DXPE) Lower
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces Self-Driving Hardware for All Vehicles in Production; Includes Model 3
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
- Verizon Communications (VZ) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: NAVB) has announced it will receive payments totaling $1 million from two recently achieved Lymphoseek commercial milestones under its distribution agreements with U.S. partner Cardinal Health, Inc. (Cardinal) and European partner SpePharm AG, an affiliate of Norgine B.V. (Norgine). Navidea will collect a $500,000 milestone payment from Cardinal based on the sale of a 100,000th patient dose of Lymphoseek (technetium Tc 99m tilmanocept) injection since launch. The Company will also receive a $500,000 payment from Norgine resulting from the European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) positive opinion for the Lymphoseek 50 microgram kit for radiopharmaceutical preparation, a reduced-mass, single-dose vial appropriate for the radiopharmaceutical distribution model in Europe.
“We are pleased with the meaningful progress that Navidea and its partners have made in our commercial distribution efforts in both the U.S. and Europe,” said Jed Latkin, interim Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer. “These milestones reflect the growing acceptance of Lymphoseek in the U.S. for improving the outcomes in patients with melanoma, breast and oral cavity cancers and signal the expected European launch of Lymphoseek in Q42016.”
Lymphoseek is approved in the U.S. by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in lymphatic mapping to locate lymph nodes draining a primary tumor site in patients with solid tumors for which this procedure is a component of intraoperative management and for guiding Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy (SLNB) using a handheld gamma counter in patients with node negative squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity, breast cancer or melanoma. Lymphoseek is indicated in the EU for imaging and intraoperative detection of sentinel lymph nodes draining a primary tumor in adult patients with breast cancer, melanoma, or localized squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity.1
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR), CEOC Extend Deadline to Reach Agreement on Documentation with First-Lien Noteholders
- Tobira Therapeutics (TBRA) Presents Phase 2b CENTAUR Year 1 Analysis at AASLD Annual Meeting
- Allergan (AGN) Affirms Receipt of FDA Committee Backing for Desmopressin Nasal Spray NDA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!