National Beverage Corp. (FIZZ) Responds to 'False Report' from Short Sellers
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
National Beverage Corp. (NASDAQ: FIZZ) today issued the following statement in response to market activity in its common stock.
A false and defamatory “research report” was published today by Glaucus Research Group (whose actions relative to other alleged manipulations can be found on the following site http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/open-letter-to-the-sec-to-regulate-market-manipula). We believe that this “report” was intended to severely manipulate our stock price downward in support of short sellers, whose short position has dramatically increased over recent weeks. The allegations in this “report” are untrue and are based on allegations made in a complaint for the purpose of extorting money from the company. That action was dismissed as being without foundation and the complaint was found to be based on lies. Having failed in that effort, the plaintiff and others associated with him, in violation of both confidentiality agreements and court orders, shared his false allegations with short sellers and their co-conspirators.
Shareholders are cautioned against reacting to the false statements being made. Our financial statements have been and are routinely audited; and we reiterate that we stand behind the integrity of our financial statements and SEC filings.
Our team, our products and our future continue on course in an exemplary fashion. The increased volume of our sales and operating performance will translate into excellent earnings and cash flow to the benefit of our shareholders.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NYSE to Suspend Trading in MGT Capital Investments (MGT); Will Move to Delist
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Verisign Inc. (VRSN) Reports Amendments to Agreements with DOC, ICANN
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Momentum Movers, Short Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!