NYSE to Suspend Trading in ITT Educational (ESI) and Commence Delisting
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
The New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE”, the “Exchange”) announced today that the staff of NYSE Regulation has determined to commence proceedings to delist the common stock of ITT Educational Services, Inc. (the “Company”) – ticker symbol ESI – from the NYSE. Trading in the Company’s common stock will be suspended immediately.
NYSE Regulation reached its decision that the Company is no longer suitable for listing pursuant to Listed Company Manual Section 802.01D, because the Company has substantially reduced its operations. On September 6, 2016, the Company announced that it has ceased operations of the ITT Technical Institutes and will not be offering September quarter classes.
The Company has eliminated the positions of the majority of its more than 8,000 employees and concluded that it can no longer continue to operate its ITT Technical Institute campuses. The Company has a right to a review of this determination by a Committee of the Board of Directors of the Exchange. The NYSE will apply to the Securities and Exchange Commission to delist the common stock upon completion of all applicable procedures, including any appeal by the Company of the NYSE Regulation staff’s decision.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NYSE to Suspend Trading in MGT Capital Investments (MGT); Will Move to Delist
- Sunovion Pharma Completes Acquisition of Cynapsus Therapeutics (CYNA)
- Alere (ALR) Receives Shareholder Support for Proposed Abbott (ABT) Merger
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Trader Talk, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!