NAVAIR’s PMA-263 Awards AeroVironment (AVAV) $12M for WASP Drones
- Top 10 News for 10/13 - 10/17: Ebola Worries Persist; No Deal for Shire; Netflix Jeered on Outlook
- Billionaire Mark Cuban Buying Netflix (NFLX) Stock
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c
- Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) Sees $6B non-Cash Charge in Q3
- Yellen: Perspectives on Inequality and Opportunity from the Survey of Consumer Finances
AeroVironment, Inc. (Nasdaq: AVAV) announced that NAVAIR’s Program Office for Navy & Marine Corps Small Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (PMA-263), working collaboratively with the United States Army’s Counter-IED Program Office, awarded a contract on Sept. 21, 2012 for AeroVironment Wasp® AE small unmanned aircraft systems, initial spares packages, training services, and one year of contractor logistics support. The PMA / Army team worked jointly to award the contract to PAR® Government Systems Corporation, which in turn secured the systems and services from AeroVironment for a total value of $12,032,430. Delivery was scheduled to occur within four months of contract award.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- VirnetX Holding (VHC) Files for Rehearing in Apple Case
- Credit Suisse (CS) Bolsters Leadership of INvestment Banking Unit
- Fed Announces Delay for Capital Plans to April Starting in 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!