NAVAIR’s PMA-263 Awards AeroVironment (AVAV) $12M for WASP Drones
- Top 10 News for 4/25 - 4/29: Merger Madness!; Valeant Hies New Boss; Icahn's Exit of Apple Could be Telling Sign
- Wall Street falls as earnings weigh; Dow, S&P up for month
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Tops Q1 EPS by 49c; Issues Q2 Outlook
- Exclusive: Yahoo's bidder shortlist points to cash deal -sources
- Yen posts biggest weekly gain since 2008, stocks slip
AeroVironment, Inc. (Nasdaq: AVAV) announced that NAVAIR’s Program Office for Navy & Marine Corps Small Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (PMA-263), working collaboratively with the United States Army’s Counter-IED Program Office, awarded a contract on Sept. 21, 2012 for AeroVironment Wasp® AE small unmanned aircraft systems, initial spares packages, training services, and one year of contractor logistics support. The PMA / Army team worked jointly to award the contract to PAR® Government Systems Corporation, which in turn secured the systems and services from AeroVironment for a total value of $12,032,430. Delivery was scheduled to occur within four months of contract award.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AeroVironment Completes Development and Begins Production of Switchblade Tactical Missile System Upgrade
- Lakeland Industries (LAKE) Says It's Not Aware of Connection to Defective Protective Apparel
- Community Health Systems (CYH) Completes Quorum Health (QHC) Spin-Off
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!