Mylan (MYL) Announces U.S. Launch of Generic Fortamet Tabs
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices under pressure as Iraq resists joining output cut
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mylan N.V. (Nasdaq: MYL) announced the U.S. launch of Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-release Tablets USP, 500 mg and 1000 mg, a generic version of Watson's Fortamet. Mylan received final approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for this product, which is indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.(1)
Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-release Tablets USP, 500 mg and 1000 mg, had U.S. sales of approximately $770.3 million for the 12 months ending July 31, 2016, according to IMS Health.
Currently, Mylan has 240 ANDAs pending FDA approval representing $98.2 billion in annual brand sales, according to IMS Health. Forty-three of these pending ANDAs are potential first-to-file opportunities, representing $34.4 billion in annual brand sales, for the 12 months ending June 30, 2016, according to IMS Health.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mylan (MYL), Theravance Biopharma(TBPH) Announce Positive Data from Two Revefenacin Phase 3s as COPD Treatment
- Theravance Biopharma and Mylan Announce Positive Results from Two Pivotal Phase 3 Studies of Revefenacin (TD-4208) for the Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Acceptance of Opdivo sBLA as Treatment for Adv. Bladder Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!