Mylan (MYL) Announces U.S. Launch of Generic Benicar Tabs
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Mylan N.V. (Nasdaq: MYL) announced the U.S. launches of the first generic versions of Daiichi Sankyo's Benicar® and Benicar HCT®, Olmesartan Medoxomil Tablets, 5 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg, and Olmesartan Medoxomil and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, 20 mg/12.5 mg, 40 mg/12.5 mg, and 40 mg/25 mg, respectively. Mylan received final approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA) for these products.
Olmesartan Medoxomil Tablets are indicated for the treatment of hypertension, along or with other antihypertensive agents, to lower blood pressure. Olmesartan Medoxomil and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets are indicted for the treatment of hypertension to lower blood pressure, and are not indicated for the initial therapy of hypertension. (1)
Olmesartan Medoxomil Tablets, 5 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg, had U.S. sales of approximately $1 billion for the 12 months ending August 31, 2016, according to IMS Health. Olmesartan Medoxomil and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, 20 mg/12.5 mg, 40 mg/12.5 mg, and 40 mg/25 mg had U.S. sales of approximately $805 million during that same time.
Currently, Mylan has 237 ANDAs pending FDA approval representing $94.4 billion in annual brand sales, according to IMS Health. Forty-one of these pending ANDAs are potential first-to-file opportunities, representing $32.5 billion in annual brand sales, for the 12 months ending June 30, 2016, according to IMS Health.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mylan's Commitment to Stemming the Tide of HIV/AIDS as Strong as Ever
- comScore (SCOR) Director Dr. Magid Abraham Resigns
- Tenet Healthcare (THC), Centene (CNC) Enter New Three-Year Insurance Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!