Mylan (MYL) Announces U.S. Launch of Generic Benicar Tabs
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Mylan N.V. (Nasdaq: MYL) announced the U.S. launches of the first generic versions of Daiichi Sankyo's Benicar® and Benicar HCT®, Olmesartan Medoxomil Tablets, 5 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg, and Olmesartan Medoxomil and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, 20 mg/12.5 mg, 40 mg/12.5 mg, and 40 mg/25 mg, respectively. Mylan received final approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA) for these products.
Olmesartan Medoxomil Tablets are indicated for the treatment of hypertension, along or with other antihypertensive agents, to lower blood pressure. Olmesartan Medoxomil and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets are indicted for the treatment of hypertension to lower blood pressure, and are not indicated for the initial therapy of hypertension. (1)
Olmesartan Medoxomil Tablets, 5 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg, had U.S. sales of approximately $1 billion for the 12 months ending August 31, 2016, according to IMS Health. Olmesartan Medoxomil and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, 20 mg/12.5 mg, 40 mg/12.5 mg, and 40 mg/25 mg had U.S. sales of approximately $805 million during that same time.
Currently, Mylan has 237 ANDAs pending FDA approval representing $94.4 billion in annual brand sales, according to IMS Health. Forty-one of these pending ANDAs are potential first-to-file opportunities, representing $32.5 billion in annual brand sales, for the 12 months ending June 30, 2016, according to IMS Health.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Overseas Shipholding Group (OSG) Reaches Agreement with SEC
- Banc of California (BANC) Appoints Robert Sznewajs to Chairman of the Board
- GlobalStar (GSAT) Announces Departure of COO David Kagan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!