Mylan (MYL), MPP Enter Agreement for Expanded HCV Medicines Access
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mylan N.V. (Nasdaq: MYL) announced that the company has signed an agreement with the Medicines Patent Pool (MPP) to expand access to chronic hepatitis C medicines in developing countries. The agreement licenses Mylan to produce and market a generic version of Bristol-Myers Squibb's DAKLINZA™ (daclatasvir) Tablets, 30 mg and 60 mg, for distribution in 112 low and middle income countries.
Daclatasvir Tablets, 30 mg and 60 mg, are indicated for use with sofosbuvir, with or without ribavirin, for the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype 1 or genotype 3 infection in the U.S. and genotype 1, 3 and 4 in Europe. The license allows Mylan to develop fixed-dose combinations that offer the potential to treat all of the six major genotypes of HCV. Earlier this year, the World Health Organization added several new hepatitis C treatments, including daclatasvir, to its essential medicines list, highlighting the urgent need to promote equitable access to innovative medicines1.
Commenting on today's announcement, Mylan President Rajiv Malik said, "We're committed at Mylan to reducing the burden of hepatitis C on communities around the world by providing access to high quality medicines that treat the disease. We are pleased to work together with the MPP and Bristol-Myers Squibb to help make daclatasvir available to low and middle income countries at affordable prices."
Globally, 130 to 150 million people have chronic hepatitis C infection2 and the vast majority live in low and middle income countries3.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mylan's Commitment to Stemming the Tide of HIV/AIDS as Strong as Ever
- Air T, Inc. (AIRT) Unit Awarded Delta Air Lines GSE Maintenance Contract
- Western Digital (WDC) Renews Samsung Cross-License Deal for 8 Years
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!