Mylan (MYL), Biocon Announce EMA Acceptance of Insulin Glargine MAA
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Mylan N.V. (Nasdaq: MYL) and Biocon Ltd. announced that the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has accepted for review Mylan's Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) for insulin glargine, a long-acting insulin analog used to treat adults with type 2 diabetes and adults and pediatric patients (children 6 years and older) with type 1 diabetes for the control of high blood sugar.
Mylan and Biocon, which have co-developed insulin glargine, look forward to offering another insulin treatment option for diabetic patients, who are often facing significant expense to manage their disease.
This filing includes analytical, functional and pre-clinical data, as well as results from the pharmacokinetics (PK) and confirmatory efficacy/safety global clinical trial in Type 2 diabetes patients comparing Mylan's and Biocon's Insulin glargine with Lantus. The PK study demonstrated PK and PD bioequivalence of Mylan's and Biocon's insulin glargine relative to that of the reference drug Lantus.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!