Mylan (MYL), Biocon Announce EMA Acceptance of Insulin Glargine MAA
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mylan N.V. (Nasdaq: MYL) and Biocon Ltd. announced that the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has accepted for review Mylan's Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) for insulin glargine, a long-acting insulin analog used to treat adults with type 2 diabetes and adults and pediatric patients (children 6 years and older) with type 1 diabetes for the control of high blood sugar.
Mylan and Biocon, which have co-developed insulin glargine, look forward to offering another insulin treatment option for diabetic patients, who are often facing significant expense to manage their disease.
This filing includes analytical, functional and pre-clinical data, as well as results from the pharmacokinetics (PK) and confirmatory efficacy/safety global clinical trial in Type 2 diabetes patients comparing Mylan's and Biocon's Insulin glargine with Lantus. The PK study demonstrated PK and PD bioequivalence of Mylan's and Biocon's insulin glargine relative to that of the reference drug Lantus.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mylan (MYL) Announces Restructuring Program; Sees Workforce Impact
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS) CEO Hunt to Depart in mid-2017; Transition Plan Announced
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP), Sobi Enter Ravicti, Ammonaps Distribution Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!