Mondelez (MDLZ) to Acquire License to Manufacture, Market and Sell Cadbury-branded Biscuits
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mondelēz International, a world leader in biscuits and chocolate, today announced an agreement to purchase from Burton’s Biscuit Company the license that enables the company to manufacture, market and sell Cadbury-branded biscuits around the world, including in the UK, France, Ireland, North America and Saudi Arabia, subject to regulatory approval.
“Ownership of the Cadbury biscuits license offers us exciting opportunities to accelerate global growth and innovation, as we expand our leading position in biscuits, globally and in Europe,” said Hubert Weber, Executive Vice President and President, Mondelēz Europe. “The transaction will help us to unify and expand our global Cadbury biscuits portfolio in key markets and enable us to explore delicious new products by using the best of our chocolate and biscuit innovation platforms.”
Mondelēz International and Burton’s Biscuit Company have agreed that Cadbury-branded biscuits will continue to be manufactured in Burton’s factories by their employees under a co-manufacturing agreement. The companies have agreed not to disclose financial terms of the transaction.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Proofpoint (PFPT) Enters Agreement to Acquire Cloud Security Provider FireLayers
- athenahealth (ATHN) Tops Q3 EPS by 13c; Forges New Partnership with Tandigm Health
- ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Acknowledges Receipt of Congressional Letter; Issues Commentary
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!