Moleculin Biotech (MBRX) Enters Annamycin Supply Agreement with Dermin
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Moleculin Biotech, Inc., (Nasdaq: MBRX) announced it has secured an agreement with Dermin Sp. Zo. O. ("Dermin") to utilize Dermin's supply of Annamycin for its upcoming clinical trial, substantially reducing the expenditures required of Moleculin for drug product and shortening the time required to produce clinical supplies.
"This was an important agreement and key milestone to be reached as it clearly shortens the pathway as well as lowers the expense involved in our clinical timeline and go to market strategy," commented Walter Klemp, Chairman and Acting CEO of Moleculin. "With this agreement in place, our drug product expense for our upcoming clinical trial will be substantially below what we had previously budgeted. Additionally, Dermin's existing supply alleviates any potential drug production constraints and advances our ability to begin our next trial expeditiously."
Moleculin previously licensed Annamycin to Dermin within a limited region in Europe, enabling Dermin to deploy Polish grant funds toward producing Annamycin. The agreement reached between the two companies allows Moleculin to utilize this Annamycin in its upcoming clinical trials rather than having to produce new Annamycin for its own use. Dermin benefits from a data sharing arrangement giving it access to Moleculin's clinical data on a faster timeline than it would be able develop on its own.
Mr. Klemp concluded, "We are pleased with this key agreement in place and remain focused on our upcoming milestones. We look forward to beginning our expanded clinical trials on Annamycin by the first half of 2017."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Flowers Foods (FLO) and Flowers Baking Reach Settlement in Class Action Lawsuit
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!