Misonix (MSON) Contacted SEC, DOJ Over Suspicious Activity Tied to Chinese Distributor
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Misonix (NASDAQ: MSON) disclosed the following in a U.S. SEC filing on Wednesday:
Item 8.01. Other Events
On September 27, 2016 and September 28, 2016, respectively, Misonix, Inc. (the “Company”) contacted the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and the U.S. Department of Justice (“DOJ”) to voluntarily inform both agencies that the Company may have had knowledge of certain business practices of the independent Chinese entity that distributes its products in China, which practices raise questions under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”).
The Audit Committee of the Board of Directors of the Company engaged outside counsel to conduct an internal investigation to review these and other matters. The internal investigation is ongoing. The Company has no current information derived from the investigation to date or otherwise to suggest that its previously reported financial statements and results are incorrect in any material respect.
The Company intends to cooperate fully with the DOJ and SEC as the investigation continues. At this stage, the Company is unable to predict what, if any, action the DOJ or the SEC may take or what, if any, penalties or remedial measures these agencies may seek. Any determination that the Company’s operations or activities are not in compliance with existing laws or regulations could result in the imposition of fines, civil and criminal penalties, equitable remedies, including profit disgorgement, and injunctive relief.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- HomeStreet (HMST) Announces Finalization of Settlement Agreement with SEC
- Herbalife's (HLF) Debt Package News Seen as 'Enormous Positive' at Pivotal Research
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!