Mirna Therapeutics (MIRN) Halts Clinical Study of MRX34 Following Severe Adverse Events
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Mirna Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: MIRN) announced its decision to close the ongoing Phase 1 study of MRX34, its investigational microRNA therapy for multiple cancers. The Company voluntarily halted enrollment and dosing in the clinical study following multiple immune-related severe adverse events (SAE) observed in patients dosed with MRX34 over the course of the trial.
“Patient safety is the primary objective of our MRX34 Phase 1 clinical trial,” said President and CEO Paul Lammers, M.D., M.Sc. “We made the difficult decision to close the study after a fifth, immune-related serious adverse event was recently reported by one of our clinical sites. This patient experienced severe (Grade 4) cytokine release syndrome and is undergoing treatment. We have notified the U.S. FDA and the Korean FDA of our decision and are in the process of closing the trial.”
Mirna also announced that it will not be initiating a translational medicine study of MRX34 in melanoma patients, planned to begin later this year. The Company will be further analyzing its full preclinical and clinical data set, and will discuss with its advisors, as well as the FDA, possible future development of MRX34 and will provide updates when appropriate.
Conference Call Details
To access the call, participants should dial 877-407-9079 (U.S. & Canada) or 201-493-6746 (international) at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the call. The call will be webcast live and may be accessed from the Events & Presentations section of the Company's website. An archived version of the webcast will be available for replay following the event.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Achillion Pharma (ACHN) Announces Positive SVR12 Data for Odalasvir, AL-335, and Simeprevir Phase 3 in Genotype 1 HCV
- Morgan Stanley Sees Favorable GW Pharma (GWPH) Entry Point Ahead of Second LGS Trial Data
- Novartis (NVS) Announces Receipt of Three New FDA Approvals for Expanded Use of Ilaris
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Trader Talk, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!