Mimecast (MIME) to Acquire Substantially All of Security Provider iSheriff
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Mimecast Limited (Nasdaq: MIME) announced it was purchasing substantially all of the assets of iSheriff, a leading cloud-based security provider. This acquisition will provide Mimecast customers additional real-time email threat intelligence and detection expertise and complements Mimecast’s existing portfolio of email security, continuity and archiving solutions.
Email continues to be mission-critical for organizations and the number one attack vector for cybercriminals. These new technologies will further enhance Mimecast’s market leading detection capabilities, safeguarding customers against threats.
“Organizations that have legacy security capabilities focused on just prevention are likely to fail,” said Peter Bauer, CEO and founder of Mimecast. “Just years ago organizations argued not to move to the cloud because of security issues. Now organizations are moving to the cloud to get advanced threat detection and intelligence. This added expertise in threat detection and intelligence strengthens Mimecast’s cloud services to help customers bolster their cyber resilience efforts.”
With this acquisition, there is no change to Mimecast’s Q3 and FY 2017 guidance provided on November 9, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wix.com (WIX) to Acquire flok
- Fifth Third Bank (FITB) to Acquire The Retirement Corporation of America; Terms Not Disclosed
- Sonic Corp (SONC) Elects Steven Davis to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!