Microsoft (MSFT) Approves up to $40B Stock Buyback; Boosts Dividend 8.3% to 39c/Share
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) announced that its board of directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.39 per share, reflecting a 3 cent or 8 percent increase over the previous quarter's dividend. The dividend is payable December 8, 2016 to shareholders of record on November 17, 2016. The ex-dividend date will be November 15, 2016.
The board of directors also approved a new share repurchase program authorizing up to $40 billion in share repurchases. The new share repurchase program, which has no expiration date, may be terminated at any time. The company reaffirmed that it is on track to complete its current $40 billion stock repurchase program by December 31, 2016.
In addition, the company announced the date for the 2016 Annual Shareholders Meeting, to be held on November 30, 2016. Shareholders at the close of business on September 30, 2016, the record date, will be entitled to vote at the Annual Shareholders Meeting.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AptarGroup (ATR) Hikes Qtr. Dividend to 32c/Share; Approves $50M Stock Buyback
- Hubbell Inc. (HUBB) Raises Quarterly Dividend 11.1% to $0.70; 2.7% Yield
- Microsoft (MSFT) Comments on NFL/Surface Issue; Will Continue to Work League, Teams to Address Problems
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Dividend Hike, Dividends, Hot Buybacks, Hot Corp. News, Hot Dividends, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!