Microsoft (MSFT) Approves up to $40B Stock Buyback; Boosts Dividend 8.3% to 39c/Share
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) announced that its board of directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.39 per share, reflecting a 3 cent or 8 percent increase over the previous quarter's dividend. The dividend is payable December 8, 2016 to shareholders of record on November 17, 2016. The ex-dividend date will be November 15, 2016.
The board of directors also approved a new share repurchase program authorizing up to $40 billion in share repurchases. The new share repurchase program, which has no expiration date, may be terminated at any time. The company reaffirmed that it is on track to complete its current $40 billion stock repurchase program by December 31, 2016.
In addition, the company announced the date for the 2016 Annual Shareholders Meeting, to be held on November 30, 2016. Shareholders at the close of business on September 30, 2016, the record date, will be entitled to vote at the Annual Shareholders Meeting.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sirius XM (SIRI) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Initiates Dividend, $2B Buyback
- Principal Financial Group (PFG) Raises Quarterly Dividend 4.9% to $0.43; 3.2% Yield
- Great Western Bancorp (GWB) Raises Quarterly Dividend 21.4% to $0.17; 2.1% Yield
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Dividend Hike, Dividends, Hot Buybacks, Hot Corp. News, Hot Dividends, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!