Microsoft (MSFT), Lenovo Enter Expanded Strategic Relationship Related to Android Devices
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: MSFT) and Lenovo announced a deepening of their strategic relationship. Lenovo will load Microsoft's productivity apps — including Microsoft Office, OneDrive and Skype — on select Lenovo devices that use the Android™ operating system. Lenovo expects to ship millions of these Android-based devices worldwide over the next several years. This expanded collaboration between Microsoft and Lenovo also includes a patent cross-licensing agreement that covers Lenovo and Motorola devices.
"Microsoft's thrilled that our productivity apps will be pre-installed on Lenovo's premium devices," said Nick Parker, corporate vice president OEM Division, Microsoft. "The marriage of Microsoft's apps and Lenovo's Android-based devices will enable customers around the world to be more productive, more connected and achieve even more."
"Our collaboration with Microsoft will create new opportunities for our customers to take advantage of some of Microsoft's most popular apps," said Christian Eigen, Leader of Corporate Alliances, Lenovo. "Installing Microsoft apps and services on our devices will bring additional value to consumers around the globe."
Microsoft's commitment to licensing IP
The patent agreement is another example of the important role intellectual property (IP) plays in ensuring a healthy and vibrant technology ecosystem. Since Microsoft launched its IP licensing program in December 2003, it has entered into more than 1,200 licensing agreements. More information about Microsoft's licensing programs is available at http://www.microsoft.com/iplicensing.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Qualcomm (QCOM), Microsoft (MSFT) Enter Collaboration for Windows 10 on Snapdragon-Powered Mobile Devices
- Horizon Pharma (HZNP) Announces ACTIMMUNE Phase 3 in FA Missed Primary Endpoint
- Dermira (DERM) Announces CIMZIA Phase 3 Met co-Primary Efficacy Endpoints in Certain Plaque Psoriasis
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!