Michaels Cos. (MIK) Appoints New CFO
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
As part of the company’s previously announced CFO succession plan, The Michaels Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq: MIK) named Denise Paulonis Executive Vice President – Chief Financial Officer, effective August 29, 2016. Ms. Paulonis, currently Senior Vice President – Finance, succeeds Chuck Sonsteby, Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer. Mr. Sonsteby will continue to serve as Vice Chairman and will retain executive responsibility for the growth and integration of Lamrite West and the management of Aaron Brothers stores. Mr. Sonsteby and Ms. Paulonis will work together over the next several months to ensure a smooth transition of duties.
“At Michaels, succession planning and ensuring we have the strongest leadership team to drive value for our customers, team members and shareholders, has always been a key priority,” said Chuck Rubin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “We are delighted that Denise Paulonis will assume the Chief Financial Officer position. Since joining Michaels, Denise has built strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and has been a critical leader of our finance and strategy teams. Her promotion reflects her financial expertise, deep knowledge of the Company and strong leadership skills. In her new position, Denise will continue to be a strategic partner with our leadership team as we maintain our focus on delivering our Vision 2020 strategy and strong financial returns.”
Ms. Paulonis joined The Michaels Companies in 2014 as Vice President—Investor Relations, Treasury and Corporate Finance and was named Senior Vice President – Finance in November 2015. Prior to joining the Company, Ms. Paulonis held various senior positions with PepsiCo and McKinsey & Company. Ms. Paulonis earned a Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics from Miami University and an MBA from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Synovus Financial (SNV) Appoints F. Dixon Brooke Jr. to Board of Directors
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR) Announces Jack Wood and Royce Caldwell to Leave Board of Directors
- Callidus Software, Inc. (CALD) Names Nina Richardson to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!