Michael Kors (KORS) Adds Former Pearson CFO Freestone as Director
- Wall Street dips as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Michael Kors Holdings Limited (NYSE: KORS) announced that Robin Freestone has been appointed to the Company's Board of Directors, effective immediately. The appointment of Mr. Freestone brings the Company's Board membership to nine, and the Company will have seven independent directors.
Mr. Freestone is an esteemed FTSE 100 executive with significant experience across a broad array of international businesses. From 2006 through August 2015, Mr. Freestone was Chief Financial Officer of Pearson Plc, having previously served as Deputy Chief Financial Officer since 2004. Prior to that, he held a number of senior financial positions at Amersham plc from 2000 to 2004, Henkel Chemicals UK Ltd from 1995 to 2000 and ICI/Zeneca Agrochemicals Ltd (now Syngenta) from 1985 to 1995. He began his financial and accounting career at Touche Ross (now Deloitte). Currently, Mr. Freestone also serves as a non-executive director of Smith and Nephew plc and moneysupermarket.com.
“We are very pleased that Robin is joining our Board,” said John D. Idol, the Company's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “He is a very talented global business leader. His diverse background and broad international experience will add meaningful value to our organization and shareholders.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Synovus Financial (SNV) Appoints F. Dixon Brooke Jr. to Board of Directors
- Sallie Mae (SLM) Issues Statement on CFPB Complaint
- CSX Corp. (CSX) Says It Will Actively Evaluate Mantle Ridge's Views, Will Discuss Core Strategy - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!