MetLife (MET) Names New Hong Kong Unit CEO
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MetLife announced the appointment of Lee Wood as CEO for its Hong Kong business. Mr. Wood will be based in Hong Kong and will report to Damien Green, Regional Executive of MetLife Asia.
Mr. Wood is a seasoned insurance professional with over 15 years of broad industry experience. He was most recently Senior Vice President at Allianz Taiwan Life Insurance Company Limited with responsibility for marketing, product development, and the direct marketing channel. Prior to this, he spent five years at HSBC Life (International) Limited in Taiwan as Managing Director and successfully led their bancassurance manufacturing startup operation before it was subsequently acquired by Allianz Taiwan Life Insurance Company Limited. He has also held various senior marketing and general manager roles at leading insurance companies throughout Asia which include ING Antai Life Insurance Company Limited in Taiwan, PT AIG Insurance Indonesia and AXA Life Insurance Company Limited in Japan.
Commenting on the appointment, Damien Green, Regional Executive of MetLife Asia, said, “Hong Kong is an important market in Asia for MetLife and we are excited to have Lee join us. His breadth of industry experience will serve to accelerate our business aspirations in Hong Kong.”
Mr. Wood holds an MBA and Masters of Divinity from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. He graduated with a BA in Math from Occidental College in Los Angeles, California.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Callidus Software, Inc. (CALD) Names Nina Richardson to Board of Directors
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Announces FDA Approval for VANTRELATM ER with Abuse Deterrence Technology
- Peoples Bancorp (PEBO) Announces Thomas Wolf has Resigned from the Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!