MetLife (MET) Approves New $3B Common Stock Buyback Plan
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET) announced that its board of directors has approved a new $3 billion authorization for the company to repurchase its common stock.
Commenting on the announcement, Chairman, President and CEO Steven A. Kandarian said:
"Excess capital belongs to our shareholders, and we are pleased to announce our largest ever buyback authorization now that we have defined a capitalization and execution plan for the separation of Brighthouse Financial. Together with our dividend, which has grown by 116 percent over the past three years, this buyback authorization shows that our strategy of generating higher free cash flow is gaining momentum.”
While MetLife is currently preparing for a transaction to spin-off a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail business, the ultimate form and timing of a separation will be influenced by a number of factors, including regulatory considerations and economic conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Corning (GLW) Approves New $4B Stock Buyback Program
- Gores Group Unit to Acquire Triumph Group's (TGI) TAR Business
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF) Board Approves Plan to Distribute Black Knight Financial (BKFS) Shares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Buybacks, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!