MetLife (MET) Approves New $3B Common Stock Buyback Plan
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/2: (ASNA) (HTBX) (REPH) Higher; (PLX) (MEMP) (DRYS) Lower
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET) announced that its board of directors has approved a new $3 billion authorization for the company to repurchase its common stock.
Commenting on the announcement, Chairman, President and CEO Steven A. Kandarian said:
"Excess capital belongs to our shareholders, and we are pleased to announce our largest ever buyback authorization now that we have defined a capitalization and execution plan for the separation of Brighthouse Financial. Together with our dividend, which has grown by 116 percent over the past three years, this buyback authorization shows that our strategy of generating higher free cash flow is gaining momentum.”
While MetLife is currently preparing for a transaction to spin-off a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail business, the ultimate form and timing of a separation will be influenced by a number of factors, including regulatory considerations and economic conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Buybacks, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesDividend, Stock Buyback, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!