Merit Medical Systems (MMSI) Granted 510(k) Clearance for SwiftNINJA
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: MMSI) announced that it has received 510(k) clearance for the SwiftNINJA™ Steerable Microcatheter. The clearance covers peripheral and coronary applications. With the exception of Japan, Merit has global distribution rights for the SwiftNINJA.
“For the past several months we have been marketing this unique product with great success in Europe,” said Fred P. Lampropoulos, Merit’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “Physician response relating to range, convenience and overall cost, when compared to the use of multiple devices, has validated our initial expectations.”
The SwiftNINJA is scheduled to be launched simultaneously with the Corvocet™ Biopsy System, which also received 510(k) clearance recently.
“We believe these two patented and transformative technologies will provide substantial momentum and enthusiasm amongst our sales force and customers as we prepare for 2017,” Lampropoulos said.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!