Meridian Bioscience (VIVO) Announces Portfolio Expansion, First ASR Products Launch
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Meridian Bioscience, Inc. (Nasdaq: VIVO) announced the launch of their Analyte Specific Reagent (ASR) product line. The first ASR products include a primer set and probes for detection of Helicobacter pylori and the target sequence associated with Clarithromycin-resistant H. pylori strains.
Richard L. Eberly, President, Chief Commercial Officer stated, “As a consistent innovator and market share leader for in vitro diagnostic devices, it is important that Meridian’s diagnostic tools for emerging pathogens be made available early so that evaluations and validations can be undertaken by our customers as they recognize the coming needs of their labs. We are committed to growing our presence in the clinical market by expanding our menu of products to include ASRs and other early stage diagnostics. In the future, we expect to introduce additional ASRs as we expand this product line.”
ASRs are used by laboratories to develop and validate their own tests. In the United States there are no commercially available in vitro diagnostic products for the identification of Clarithromycin-resistant strains; therefore, Meridian’s ASRs address an unmet need, allowing laboratories to develop their own tests.
Helicobacter pylori and Helicobacter pylori Clarithromycin-resistant probes and primers are now available for immediate ordering through Bioline, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Meridian Bioscience, Inc. Meridian’s ASRs are manufactured under strict GMP controls to meet the growing demand for building blocks with a guarantee of purity. In compliance with US regulations, ASRs can only be sold to clinical laboratories regulated under CLIA 1988 as qualified to perform high complexity testing under 42 CFR part 483 or under VHA directive 1106.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN), AmerisourceBergen's (ABC) ION Solutions Enter Cancer Tests, Services Relationship
- Alimera Sciences (ALIM) Unit Amends Term Loan with Hercules Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!