Merck (MRK) Prices EUR 1B Debt Offering
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Merck & Co., Inc., (NYSE: MRK), known as MSD outside the United States and Canada, priced today a EUR 1.0 billion public offering of two series of Euro-denominated senior unsecured notes (collectively, the “New Notes”). Based on Oct. 21, 2016, closing exchange rates the EUR 1.0 billion equates to approximately $1.087 billion. The notes include:
EUR 500 million of 0.500% notes due Nov. 2024EUR 500 million of 1.375% notes due Nov. 2036
Merck intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes, including without limitation repayment of outstanding commercial paper borrowings and other indebtedness with upcoming maturities. The offering is expected to close on Nov. 2, 2016, subject to customary closing conditions. BNP Paribas, Citigroup Global Markets Limited, and Merrill Lynch International are acting as the active joint book-running managers for the offering.
The offering of the New Notes is being made pursuant to an effective shelf registration statement (including a base prospectus) filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The offering may be made only by means of a prospectus and related prospectus supplement, copies of which may be obtained by calling BNP Paribas at (800) 854-5674, Citigroup Global Markets Limited at (800) 831-9146, or Merrill Lynch International at (800) 294-1322. An electronic copy of the registration statement and prospectus supplement, together with the base prospectus, is available on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Lionsgate (LGF) Closes Starz (STRZA) Merger
- Athene Holding (ATH) Prices 27M Share IPO Inline with Prior Expectations
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesCiti, Merrill Lynch
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!