Merck (MRK) Announces Letermovir Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in Bone Marrow Transplant Patients
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE: MRK) announced that the pivotal Phase 3 clinical study of letermovir, an investigational antiviral medicine, met its primary endpoint. The global, multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled study evaluated the efficacy and safety of letermovir for the prevention of clinically-significant cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection in adult (18 years and older) CMV-seropositive recipients of an allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT). Merck will submit results from the study for presentation at a future scientific conference.
“There is an unmet need for therapeutic options in the prevention of CMV infection in high-risk allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients,” said Dr. Roy Baynes, senior vice president of clinical development, Merck Research Laboratories. “Merck is pleased this pivotal Phase 3 study with letermovir met its primary endpoint. We thank the patients and families who participated in this study and we look forward to presenting results at a future scientific meeting.”
In the study, letermovir was administered once daily, either in oral tablet or IV formulation. Letermovir was started as early as the day of HSCT transplant and no later than 28 days post-transplant, and continued through approximately 100 days after transplant. The primary outcome measure was the percentage of participants with clinically-significant CMV infection through 24 weeks after transplant. Additional details about the study can be found online at www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02137772.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lexicon Pharma (LXRX) Announces Topline Sotagliflozin Phase 2 Data; A1C Primary Endpoint Missed
- Merck (MRK) KEYTRUDA Showed 41% ORR
- Alnylam Pharma (ALNY) Announces Presentation of Updated Results from Phase 1/2 Study of ALN-CC5
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!