Merchants Bancshares (MBVT) Extends Buyback Plan Through Jan. 2014
- Wall St. rebounds; Nasdaq breaks seven-day losing run
- Baker Hughes (BHI), Halliburton (HAL) Confirm Merger Termination
- Apollo Education Group (APOL) Takeover Offer from Consortium of Investors Raised to $10/Share
- Global stocks rise, bond prices fall on investor optimism
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/02: (FN) (BECN) (THC) (YELP) Higher; (ONDK) (CYH) (BETR) (SRPT) Lower (more...)
Merchants Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: MBVT) announced the extension, through January 2014, of its stock buyback program, originally adopted in January 2007. Under the program, Merchants may repurchase up to 200,000 shares of its common stock on the open market from time to time, and has purchased 143,475 shares to date. Although Merchants did not repurchase any of its shares during 2012, Merchants would like to continue to preserve its capital management flexibility with an active buyback program.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baker Hughes (BHI) Announces Cost-Cutting, Business Simplification Plans; Approves $1.5B Stock Buyback
- Investors Bancorp (ISBC) Declares $0.06 Quarterly Dividend; Approves Additional 10% Stock Buyback
- Oragenics (OGEN) Announces Positive Data from AG013 Phase 1b Confirmatory Animal Study for Oral Mucositis
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!