Merchants Bancshares (MBVT) Extends Buyback Plan Through Jan. 2014
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Merchants Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: MBVT) announced the extension, through January 2014, of its stock buyback program, originally adopted in January 2007. Under the program, Merchants may repurchase up to 200,000 shares of its common stock on the open market from time to time, and has purchased 143,475 shares to date. Although Merchants did not repurchase any of its shares during 2012, Merchants would like to continue to preserve its capital management flexibility with an active buyback program.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
- Rush Enterprises (RUSHA) Announces $40M Stock Buyback Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!