Mentor Graphics (MENT) to Acquire Galaxy Semiconductor; No Terms
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ: MENT) today announced that it has acquired Galaxy Semiconductor, a leading provider of test data analysis and defect reduction software for the semiconductor industry. With this acquisition, more design, test, and product engineers will now have access to Galaxy's powerful solutions for maximizing device yields, improving test quality, reducing DPM (defects per million), and enhancing device characterization efforts.
"The acquisition of Galaxy Semiconductor provides a significant opportunity for Mentor to expand the breadth of our overall design-to-silicon product offering," said Joe Sawicki, vice president and general manager of Mentor Graphics Design-to-Silicon Division. "The combination of Mentor's Tessent® silicon test products along with Galaxy's test data analysis products provides the industry with end-to-end solutions that span all aspects of design-for-test, device characterization, yield ramp, and cost-optimized high-quality manufacturing test."
"The Galaxy team is excited to be a part of Mentor, an EDA industry leader with best-in-class products in design-for-test, design-for-manufacturing and automotive electronics design -- all of which are highly complementary to Galaxy's product line," said Bertrand Renaud, former chief operating officer for Galaxy Semiconductor. "Through the acquisition, Mentor will be able to expand Galaxy's worldwide sales and support and accelerate the next-generation solutions, which will provide even greater value to customers."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- XPO Logistics (XPO) Announces $558M Divestiture of American Truckload Operation to TransForce
- Sotheby's (BID) Announces Acquisition of The Mei Moses Art Indices
- UPDATE: Sanchez Energy (SN) in Talks to Partner with Blackstone (BX) on Deal for Anadarko Petroleum (APC) South Texas Assets - DJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!