Mentor Graphics (MENT) Affirms Positive Appeals Court Verdict in Synopsys Patent Spat
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
- Trump nominates Ben Carson to head HUD
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mentor Graphics Corporation (Nasdaq: MENT) announced that a panel of judges for the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has, in a precedential opinion, unanimously confirmed the invalidity of three synthesis patents owned by Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS).
Synopsys had asserted the patents against Mentor Graphics in the Federal District Court for the Northern District of California, alleging that Mentor Graphics emulators and FPGA synthesis tools infringed the patents. The District Court in 2015 determined that the patents were invalid. Yesterday, the Court of Appeals affirmed the District Court's decision.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Renren (RENN) Names Two New Independent Directors
- VBL Therapeutics (VBLT) Announces Results from DSMC Review of VB-111 Phase 3 in GBM; No Adverse Events Found
- GW Pharma (GWPH) Posts Q4 EPS of 7.4c; Announces Additional Positive Epidiolex Phase 3 Data
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!