Mentor Graphics (MENT) Affirms Positive Appeals Court Verdict in Synopsys Patent Spat
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Mentor Graphics Corporation (Nasdaq: MENT) announced that a panel of judges for the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has, in a precedential opinion, unanimously confirmed the invalidity of three synthesis patents owned by Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS).
Synopsys had asserted the patents against Mentor Graphics in the Federal District Court for the Northern District of California, alleging that Mentor Graphics emulators and FPGA synthesis tools infringed the patents. The District Court in 2015 determined that the patents were invalid. Yesterday, the Court of Appeals affirmed the District Court's decision.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) to Take $300M Pre-Tax Charge Related to Summary Judgment in Unsecured Creditors Litigation
- GameStop (GME) Holiday Comps Fall 18.7%, Reiterates Prior Guidance
- Rocky Brands (RCKY) CFO Resigns; Mike Staude Appointed Interim CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!