Mentor Graphics (MENT) Affirms Positive Appeals Court Verdict in Synopsys Patent Spat
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Mentor Graphics Corporation (Nasdaq: MENT) announced that a panel of judges for the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has, in a precedential opinion, unanimously confirmed the invalidity of three synthesis patents owned by Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS).
Synopsys had asserted the patents against Mentor Graphics in the Federal District Court for the Northern District of California, alleging that Mentor Graphics emulators and FPGA synthesis tools infringed the patents. The District Court in 2015 determined that the patents were invalid. Yesterday, the Court of Appeals affirmed the District Court's decision.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Booz Allen Hamilton (BAH) Announces External Review Following Arrest of Former Employee
- Boeing (BA), UPS (UPS) Enter Purchase Agreement for 14 747-8 Freighters
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Says Offshore Nigeria Oil Discovery Has 500M to 1B Barrels of Oil
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!