Memorial Production Partners (MEMP) Enters Forbearance Agreement with Noteholders; Gets Credit Facility Waiver Extension
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Memorial Production Partners LP (Nasdaq: MEMP) announced that it has entered into a forbearance agreement (the “Forbearance Agreement”) with certain noteholders that hold 51.7% of the Partnership’s 7.625% senior notes due 2021 (the “2021 notes”) and hold 69% of the Partnership’s 6.875% senior notes due 2022 (collectively, the “noteholders”), under which the noteholders have agreed to forbear from exercising any and all remedies available to them as a result of MEMP’s previously announced election to not make an interest payment of approximately $24.6 million due on the 2021 notes. The Forbearance Agreement extends through December 7, 2016.
In addition, MEMP reached an agreement with the lenders under its revolving credit facility to extend through December 16, 2016, the waiver that was previously granted in connection with MEMP’s election not to make the interest payment on the 2021 notes as noted above (the “Extended Waiver”).
As previously announced MEMP is engaged in ongoing discussions with its lenders and a steering committee of its noteholders regarding potential strategic alternatives to strengthen its balance sheet and improve its capital structure. The Forbearance Agreement and Extended Waiver will allow the parties to continue this dialogue and work towards a comprehensive solution that substantially improves MEMP’s balance sheet.
Operations are continuing as normal across MEMP’s asset base.
Perella Weinberg Partners L.P. is serving as financial advisor to MEMP and Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP is serving as its legal counsel.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Appoints New Global Generic Medicines Group CEO; FY16 Guidance Affirmed
- Tenet Healthcare (THC), Centene (CNC) Enter New Three-Year Insurance Agreement
- News Corp (NWSA) Director Elaine Chao to Resign After Being Tapped by Trump Admin.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Litigation
Related EntitiesPerella Weinberg, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!