MeetMe (MEET) Approves $15M Stock Buyback Plan
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MeetMe, Inc. (Nasdaq: MEET) announced that its board of directors has approved a one year share repurchase program that enables the company to purchase up to $15 million of its shares of common stock from time to time in the open market or through negotiated transactions. Share purchases will be funded from cash from operations.
“With significant free cash flow being generated through our successful business model, we believe our stock is undervalued and the repurchase of our shares is an efficient use of our excess capital and will enhance shareholder value,” said Geoff Cook, Chief Executive Officer of MeetMe. “We believe the share repurchase program is supported by our growing scale and increased profitability. The strength of our balance sheet gives us the confidence and flexibility to execute this program and the Skout, Inc. acquisition for the benefit of our shareholders.”
Repurchases under MeetMe’s program will be made in the open market or through privately negotiated transactions intended to comply with the Securities and Exchange Commission Rule 10b-18, subject to market conditions, applicable legal requirements, and other relevant factors. The share repurchase program does not obligate the Company to acquire any particular amount of common stock, and it may be suspended at any time at the Company’s discretion. MeetMe had approximately 54.4 million shares of common stock outstanding as of August 31, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Hertz Global (HTZ), Localiza to Form Strategic Partnership
- Hi-Crush Partners (HCLP) Files$1B Mixed Securities, 20.7M Common Stock Shelf
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!