Medtronic's (MDT) TrailBlazer Angled Peripheral Support Catheter Cleared by U.S. FDa
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Medtronic plc (NYSE: MDT) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has cleared the TrailBlazer(TM) angled support catheter for use in the peripheral vascular system. Support catheters such as the Trailblazer are often used in endovascular procedures treating complex peripheral artery disease (PAD). FDA clearance was received on September 23, 2016.
The new TrailBlazer angled support catheter is designed to support a guide wire during access to the peripheral arteries, and to enable delivery of solutions and diagnostic agents. The catheter features a braided stainless steel shaft for robust pushability and a 25 and 30 degree angled tapered tip to access and cross complex lesions. To enhance physician visibility, each of the .014", .018" and .035" guidewire compatible devices is designed with three radiopaque marker bands and a radiopaque shaft. Additionally, both the .014" and .018" TrailBlazer angled support catheter can fit coaxially through the .035" support catheter for increased reach and pushability.
"Medtronic is committed to providing physicians with meaningful innovations and therapy choices to enhance their peripheral treatment algorithm," said Mark Pacyna, vice president and general manager of the Peripheral business, which is part of the Aortic & Peripheral Vascular division at Medtronic. "Working with physicians, we have extended the Medtronic TrailBlazer support catheter portfolio to offer a broad suite of angled options for treatment of complex lesions both above and below the knee."
In collaboration with leading clinicians, researchers, and scientists worldwide, Medtronic offers the broadest range of innovative medical technology for the interventional and surgical treatment of cardiovascular disease and cardiac arrhythmias. The company strives to offer products and services that deliver clinical and economic value to healthcare consumers and providers around the world.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Medtronic (MDT) Receives Reimbursement Approval in Japan for CoreValve Evolut R System
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Announces Filing Regulatory Submission with EMA for FF/UMEC/VI as COPD Treatment
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!