Medtronic's (MDT) TrailBlazer Angled Peripheral Support Catheter Cleared by U.S. FDa
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Medtronic plc (NYSE: MDT) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has cleared the TrailBlazer(TM) angled support catheter for use in the peripheral vascular system. Support catheters such as the Trailblazer are often used in endovascular procedures treating complex peripheral artery disease (PAD). FDA clearance was received on September 23, 2016.
The new TrailBlazer angled support catheter is designed to support a guide wire during access to the peripheral arteries, and to enable delivery of solutions and diagnostic agents. The catheter features a braided stainless steel shaft for robust pushability and a 25 and 30 degree angled tapered tip to access and cross complex lesions. To enhance physician visibility, each of the .014", .018" and .035" guidewire compatible devices is designed with three radiopaque marker bands and a radiopaque shaft. Additionally, both the .014" and .018" TrailBlazer angled support catheter can fit coaxially through the .035" support catheter for increased reach and pushability.
"Medtronic is committed to providing physicians with meaningful innovations and therapy choices to enhance their peripheral treatment algorithm," said Mark Pacyna, vice president and general manager of the Peripheral business, which is part of the Aortic & Peripheral Vascular division at Medtronic. "Working with physicians, we have extended the Medtronic TrailBlazer support catheter portfolio to offer a broad suite of angled options for treatment of complex lesions both above and below the knee."
In collaboration with leading clinicians, researchers, and scientists worldwide, Medtronic offers the broadest range of innovative medical technology for the interventional and surgical treatment of cardiovascular disease and cardiac arrhythmias. The company strives to offer products and services that deliver clinical and economic value to healthcare consumers and providers around the world.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Acceptance of Opdivo sBLA as Treatment for Adv. Bladder Cancer
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- PTC Therapeutics (PTCT) Commences RG7916 Phase 2 in Type 2/3 SMA Patients with Roche, SMAF
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!