Medigus (MDGS) Receives EPO Notice of Intention to Grant a Patent for ScoutCam Tech
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Medigus (NASDAQ: MDGS) has received a Notice of Intention to Grant a Patent from the European Patent Office (EPO) for its micro ScoutCam miniature camera technology. The patent application was submitted under the title SMALL DIAMETER VIDEO CAMERA HEADS AND VISUALIZATION PROBES AND MEDICAL DEVICES CONTAINING THEM. If granted, this patent will be valid until September 16, 2030.
Once granted it will be the first patent Medigus receives for a video camera with a diameter of 1.1mm or less. Medigus also has additional patent applications for miniature camera technology pending before the EPO and other patent offices. The micro ScoutCam portfolio of products includes a range of video cameras with small diameter heads that use CMOS (complementary metal oxide semiconductor) or CCD (charge coupled device) based lenses.
“We are pleased with this notice from the European Patent Office as it validates the significance of our microvisual technology over a variety of applications and builds to our growing body of IP,” said Chris Rowland, CEO of Medigus. “Our engineers are continually enhancing our technology platform and remain committed to delivering the most innovative new solutions for a broad scale of unmet needs across medical, industrial and other scientific applications.”
Medigus holds existing patents for one of its micro ScoutCam brands as well as for MUSE™, its flagship medical device that incorporates the micro ScoutCam to help physicians perform transoral incisionless fundoplication procedures.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Valhi, Inc. (VHI) Names Robert D. Graham as President and CEO
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Appoints Christopher Forsythe to CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!