Medigus (MDGS) Receives EPO Notice of Intention to Grant a Patent for ScoutCam Tech
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Medigus (NASDAQ: MDGS) has received a Notice of Intention to Grant a Patent from the European Patent Office (EPO) for its micro ScoutCam miniature camera technology. The patent application was submitted under the title SMALL DIAMETER VIDEO CAMERA HEADS AND VISUALIZATION PROBES AND MEDICAL DEVICES CONTAINING THEM. If granted, this patent will be valid until September 16, 2030.
Once granted it will be the first patent Medigus receives for a video camera with a diameter of 1.1mm or less. Medigus also has additional patent applications for miniature camera technology pending before the EPO and other patent offices. The micro ScoutCam portfolio of products includes a range of video cameras with small diameter heads that use CMOS (complementary metal oxide semiconductor) or CCD (charge coupled device) based lenses.
“We are pleased with this notice from the European Patent Office as it validates the significance of our microvisual technology over a variety of applications and builds to our growing body of IP,” said Chris Rowland, CEO of Medigus. “Our engineers are continually enhancing our technology platform and remain committed to delivering the most innovative new solutions for a broad scale of unmet needs across medical, industrial and other scientific applications.”
Medigus holds existing patents for one of its micro ScoutCam brands as well as for MUSE™, its flagship medical device that incorporates the micro ScoutCam to help physicians perform transoral incisionless fundoplication procedures.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
- Amgen (AMGN), Allergan (AGN) Announce Submission of ABP 215 MAA to EMA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!