Medicinova's (MNOV) MN-166 Granted FDA Orphan Drug Designation as ALS Treatment
- Wall Street opens flat as investors assess earnings
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MediciNova, Inc., (Nasdaq: MNOV), announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted orphan-drug designation to MN-166 (ibudilast) for treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
Yuichi Iwaki, MD, PhD, President and Chief Executive Officer of MediciNova, Inc., commented, "We are very pleased to receive orphan-drug designation for MN-166 for ALS, a rare disease for which riluzole is the only currently approved treatment option. Currently we have two ongoing clinical trials to evaluate MN-166 in ALS in collaboration with researchers at Carolinas HealthCare System's (CHS) Neuromuscular/ALS-MDA Center and Massachusetts General Hospital. MN-166 demonstrated positive trends in the interim efficacy data from the mid-study analysis of the CHS Neuromuscular/ALS-MDA Center study. This interim data was submitted to FDA to address the scientific rationale for orphan-drug designation to establish the medical basis for the use of MN-166 (ibudilast) for ALS."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Dipexium Pharma (DPRX) Announces Locilex Phase 3s Missed Primary Endpoints
- Endologix (ELGX) Names New Chief Medical Officer
- Amarin Corp. (AMRN) Debuts Smaller Vascepa Capsules
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!