Medicinova's (MNOV) MN-166 Granted FDA Orphan Drug Designation as ALS Treatment
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
- WestRock (WRK) to Acquire Multi Packaging Solutions (MPSX) for $18 per share
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MediciNova, Inc., (Nasdaq: MNOV), announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted orphan-drug designation to MN-166 (ibudilast) for treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
Yuichi Iwaki, MD, PhD, President and Chief Executive Officer of MediciNova, Inc., commented, "We are very pleased to receive orphan-drug designation for MN-166 for ALS, a rare disease for which riluzole is the only currently approved treatment option. Currently we have two ongoing clinical trials to evaluate MN-166 in ALS in collaboration with researchers at Carolinas HealthCare System's (CHS) Neuromuscular/ALS-MDA Center and Massachusetts General Hospital. MN-166 demonstrated positive trends in the interim efficacy data from the mid-study analysis of the CHS Neuromuscular/ALS-MDA Center study. This interim data was submitted to FDA to address the scientific rationale for orphan-drug designation to establish the medical basis for the use of MN-166 (ibudilast) for ALS."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Medicinova (MNOV) Positive MN-166 Data Published in Neuropsychopharmacology
- Medtronic (MDT) Granted CE Mark for HawkOne Directional Atherectomy System
- Stonemor Partners (STON) Announces Resignation of CFO Sean McGrath
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!