Medicinova (MNOV) Announces Acceptance of MN-166 ALS Abstract for Presentation at Upcoming ALS/MND Symposium
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MediciNova, Inc. (Nasdaq: MNOV) announced that an abstract regarding MediciNova’s ongoing clinical trial of MN-166 (ibudilast) in ALS has been accepted for oral presentation at the 27th International Symposium on ALS/MND (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis/motor neurone disease) to be held December 7-9, 2016 in Dublin, Ireland.
The presentation entitled "Adaptive Design Single Centre Phosphodiesterase Type 4 (PDE-4) Inhibitor [MN-166 (Ibudilast)] Phase 1b/2a Clinical Trial Double Blind with Open Label Extension for ALS Patients: Interim-blinded Analysis, Behaviour of Creatinine as a Biomarker in Short Clinical Trials [NCT02238626]" will be given by Principal investigator Dr. Benjamin Rix Brooks, Director, Carolinas HealthCare System’s Neuromuscular/ALS-MDA Center.
Presentation details are as follows:
Session Date and Time: Friday, December 9, 2016, 8:50 – 9:10 am
Session: Clinical Trials
Location: Convention Center Dublin (CCD), Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland
About the ALS Trial
MediciNova, in collaboration with Dr. Benjamin Rix Brooks, Director, Carolinas HealthCare System's Neuromuscular/ALS-MDA Center, is currently evaluating MN-166 (ibudilast) in both early and advanced stage ALS patients. This ongoing trial is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study which includes a six-month treatment period followed by a six-month open-label extension. The study is evaluating several efficacy endpoints including functional activity (ALSFRS-R), respiratory function and muscle strength in subjects with ALS. The study is configured to enroll up to 60 ALS patients without NIV (Non-Invasive Ventilator) and up to 60 ALS patients with NIV.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Medicinova (MNOV) Files 869k Common Stock Shelf for Selling Shareholders
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- Porter Bancorp (PBIB) Shares Active Following Kentucky Court of Appeals Verdict
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!