McDonald's (MCD) Reports $130M in Q3 Pretax Charges
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Today, McDonald's (NYSE: MCD) announced that for the quarter ended September 30, 2016, the Company expects to incur approximately $130 million in pretax charges, or about $0.12 per share on an after-tax basis, consisting of restructuring and non-cash impairment charges related to its global G&A and refranchising initiatives. These initiatives were outlined in November 2015, including plans to refranchise 4,000 restaurants by the end of 2018 and a net G&A savings target of $500 million, the vast majority of which is expected to be realized by the end of 2017. Going forward, the Company expects to incur additional strategic charges in connection with these ongoing initiatives.
Further details regarding the charges for the third quarter and an update on our refranchising activities will be provided during the Company's regularly scheduled earnings conference call later this month.
McDonald's plans to release third quarter results before the market opens on October 21, 2016 and will host an investor webcast. This webcast will be broadcast live and available for replay for a limited time thereafter at www.investor.mcdonalds.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Crown Castle (CCI) Misses Q3 AFFO by 2c, Revenues Beats
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB) Tops Q3 EPS by 39c
- FCB Financial Holdings (FCB) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!