McCormick & Co. (MKC) Acquires Italy's Giotti for ~$127M
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated (NYSE: MKC), a global leader in flavor, today announced that it has agreed to acquire 100% of the shares of Enrico Giotti SpA (Giotti), a leading Italian flavor manufacturer located in Florence, Italy.
- Giotti is well known in the industry for its innovative beverage, sweet, savory and dairy flavor applications. Annual sales are approximately 53 million Euro (56 million U.S. dollars).
- The acquisition of Giotti expands the breadth of value-added products for McCormick's industrial segment including additional expertise in flavoring health and nutrition products.
- McCormick plans to acquire the business for a cash payment of approximately 120 million Euros (127 million U.S. dollars), subject to certain closing adjustments.
Lawrence E. Kurzius, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, "The acquisition of Giotti is another important step in the execution of our growth strategy. McCormick is a leading flavor supplier to packaged food companies and multi-national restaurants, and this acquisition expands the breadth of our value-added flavor solutions in Europe with strong and innovative R&D capabilities. With this acquisition, we add greater scale to our already substantial industrial segment business in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region."
Malcolm Swift, President, Global Industrial and International Business added, "We anticipate strong growth driven by Giotti's expertise in the high growth health and nutrition segment. The owners and employees of Giotti share with McCormick a great history and commitment to innovation and quality, and we look forward to working with them to achieve continued success."
Founded in 1928, Giotti is a leading manufacturer of natural flavors, aromatic herbal extracts, and concentrated juices. The company is privately owned and headquartered in Florence, Italy. Annual sales of the business are approximately 53 million Euro (56 million U.S. dollars). The purchase price for Giotti is approximately 120 million Euro (127 million U.S. dollars) subject to certain closing adjustments and the transaction multiple is expected to be approximately 12 times EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization). McCormick expects to complete this transaction in December 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- MarketAxess Holdings (MKTX) Announces Monthly Performance Results for November 2016
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!