Matthews (MATW) to Acquire A. + E. Ungricht GmbH + Co in ~$27.3M Deal
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Matthews International Corporation (Nasdaq: MATW) announced that the Company has signed a definitive agreement for the purchase of A. + E. Ungricht GmbH + Co KG (hereafter “Ungricht”).
Ungricht is a leading European provider of pre-press services and gravure printing forms, located in Moenchengladbach, Germany. Their products and services are sold worldwide. The acquisition is designed to expand Matthews' products and services in the global surfaces market.
Joseph C. Bartolacci, President and Chief Executive Officer of Matthews, stated, “The combination of our existing businesses with Ungricht will increase our European production capacities and provide expanded product and service capabilities for our European and global customers."
The purchase price for Ungricht will be €26 million (U.S. $27.3 million) on a cash-free, debt-free basis, subject to a working capital adjustment. Other terms of the acquisition were not immediately disclosed. Ungricht reported sales of €25.1 million (U.S. $26.4 million) in calendar 2015 and has approximately 210 employees.
The transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval in Germany, is expected to close during Matthews’ 2017 second fiscal quarter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) to Pay $100M to Settle FTC, State Charges for Violating Antitrust Laws
- Raytheon (RTN) Elects James Winnefeld Jr. to Board of Directors
- Rent-A-Center (RCII) Issues Q4 Profit Warning
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!