Mattersight (MATR) Announces Strong YTD 2016 Patent Activity
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Innovation has been a core tenet of personality-based SaaS pioneer Mattersight Corporation (Nasdaq: MATR) since its inception more than a decade ago, and is reflected in its transformational analytics solutions, as well as in the ever-expanding portfolio of patents that protect them. That innovation has witnessed significant acceleration during 2016.
With nine patents issued so far this year, five in the third quarter alone, Mattersight has already equaled last year's record-breaking patent output -- bringing the company's total to-date patents to 31.
The patents Mattersight has received since January cover a wide range of proprietary capabilities that support its suite of behavioral analytics applications, and point to the company's long-term vision and forward-thinking strategy. Newly-patented inventions include:
- Predicting consumer behavior through video analysis
- Utilizing demographic data to more fully optimize caller/agent contact center pairings
- Applying a proprietary linguistic behavioral model to the analysis of multichannel communication data, such as social media postings
The quality of the previous year's patent output earned Mattersight the number four spot on the Crain's Chicago Business 2016 Eureka! Index of Chicago's 25 most innovative companies.
The index rankings were compiled by IP-focused merchant bank Ocean Tomo, which scans U.S. Patent and Trademark Office data to identify new patents, then utilizes a proprietary algorithm to rate their quality, based on "uniqueness and the likelihood that companies will invest to develop, maintain or defend them."
Additionally, Crain's listed Mattersight among the Chicago companies who are "punching way above their weight when it comes to innovation" by the number of patents produced per 100 employees. Mattersight generated 3.7 patents per 100 employees in 2015.
Mattersight CEO Kelly Conway says that it has been both gratifying and motivating to witness the growth of the company's patent portfolio, particularly its acceleration over the past two years.
"Since day one, our goal has been to develop and protect revolutionary technologies that drive deep value," said Conway. "It's an honor to have that achievement recognized by an independent third party, and to be listed among such esteemed fellow innovators. More than anything, seeing how far we've come inspires us to keep moving forward, pushing boundaries and engineering new ways to deliver exceptional results for our customers."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- bluebird bio (BLUE) Names New COO and New SVP of Europe
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!