Mast Therapeutics (MSTX) Updates on Evaluation of Strategic Options; Received Interest from Private Companies
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mast Therapeutics, Inc. (NYSE: MSTX) provided an update regarding its recently announced campaign to evaluate strategic opportunities.
- Preliminary Indications of Interest in Reverse Merger Transactions. The Company has received several written indications of interest from privately-held companies, including companies with synergistic clinical-stage drug candidates, and is actively evaluating these opportunities.
- Other Strategic Opportunities. Concurrently, the Company will continue to explore ways to strategically monetize its vepoloxamer assets, including through licensing transactions.
- Continued Clinical Development of AIR001. In parallel with exploring strategic opportunities, the Company will continue to support ongoing and planned investigator-sponsored clinical studies of its lead asset, AIR001, for the treatment of patients with heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF).
"Our recently-announced strategic process has generated a number of opportunities that would be transformative for Mast," stated Brian M. Culley, Chief Executive Officer of Mast Therapeutics. "We are diligently and expeditiously reviewing these strategic alternatives, which we believe could maximize returns for our stockholders. We also remain excited about the potential for AIR001 in HFpEF and look forward to more data from investigator-sponsored studies in 2017," continued Mr. Culley.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) to Pay $100M to Settle FTC, State Charges for Violating Antitrust Laws
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Sells Australia and New Zealand Grocery Business to Bega Cheese Limited for $460M AUD
- Lifevantage (LFVN) Appoints Gary Koos as Interim CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!