Mast Therapeutics (MSTX) Updates on Evaluation of Strategic Options; Received Interest from Private Companies
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Mast Therapeutics, Inc. (NYSE: MSTX) provided an update regarding its recently announced campaign to evaluate strategic opportunities.
- Preliminary Indications of Interest in Reverse Merger Transactions. The Company has received several written indications of interest from privately-held companies, including companies with synergistic clinical-stage drug candidates, and is actively evaluating these opportunities.
- Other Strategic Opportunities. Concurrently, the Company will continue to explore ways to strategically monetize its vepoloxamer assets, including through licensing transactions.
- Continued Clinical Development of AIR001. In parallel with exploring strategic opportunities, the Company will continue to support ongoing and planned investigator-sponsored clinical studies of its lead asset, AIR001, for the treatment of patients with heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF).
"Our recently-announced strategic process has generated a number of opportunities that would be transformative for Mast," stated Brian M. Culley, Chief Executive Officer of Mast Therapeutics. "We are diligently and expeditiously reviewing these strategic alternatives, which we believe could maximize returns for our stockholders. We also remain excited about the potential for AIR001 in HFpEF and look forward to more data from investigator-sponsored studies in 2017," continued Mr. Culley.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
- Dataram (DRAM) Issues Update on Activity of Acquisition Target U.S. Gold Corp.
- Vanda Pharma (VNDA) Enters Settlement with Apotex; Fanapt Licensing Agreement Entered