Mast Therapeutics (MSTX) Says Workforce Reduction Completed
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Mast Therapeutics (NYSE: MSTX) disclosed the following on Monday:
Item 2.05 Costs Associated with Exit or Disposal Activities.
As part of its previously described strategic focus on AIR001 and plan to significantly reduce operating costs, on October 28, 2016, Mast Therapeutics, Inc. (the “Company”) committed to a reduction in workforce of four positions, commenced notification of the four affected employees and completed the workforce reduction. Since the beginning of October 2016, the Company’s workforce has been reduced by ten employees, or approximately 38%. Costs incurred as a result of the earlier workforce reduction were not material under U.S. generally accepted accounting principles, so were not separately reported.
Assuming each affected employee executes and does not revoke a separation agreement and general release of claims, the Company estimates that it will incur restructuring costs related to these workforce reductions totaling approximately $0.4 million, which represent one-time employee termination costs, including severance, benefits and related costs. The Company expects all of these costs to be paid in the fourth quarter of 2016.
The Company plans to implement additional cost control measures in the fourth quarter of 2016 to further reduce its expenditures.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Appoints New Global Generic Medicines Group CEO; FY16 Guidance Affirmed
- comScore (SCOR) Director Dr. Magid Abraham Resigns
- Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; FY17 adj.-EPS Outlook Boosted
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!