Mast Therapeutics (MSTX) Says Workforce Reduction Completed
- Dollar lower, stocks flat as caution creeps in ahead of Trump inauguration
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Mast Therapeutics (NYSE: MSTX) disclosed the following on Monday:
Item 2.05 Costs Associated with Exit or Disposal Activities.
As part of its previously described strategic focus on AIR001 and plan to significantly reduce operating costs, on October 28, 2016, Mast Therapeutics, Inc. (the “Company”) committed to a reduction in workforce of four positions, commenced notification of the four affected employees and completed the workforce reduction. Since the beginning of October 2016, the Company’s workforce has been reduced by ten employees, or approximately 38%. Costs incurred as a result of the earlier workforce reduction were not material under U.S. generally accepted accounting principles, so were not separately reported.
Assuming each affected employee executes and does not revoke a separation agreement and general release of claims, the Company estimates that it will incur restructuring costs related to these workforce reductions totaling approximately $0.4 million, which represent one-time employee termination costs, including severance, benefits and related costs. The Company expects all of these costs to be paid in the fourth quarter of 2016.
The Company plans to implement additional cost control measures in the fourth quarter of 2016 to further reduce its expenditures.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Accelerate FY17 Planned Activity; Updates CAPEX, Production Guidance
- Associated Banc-Corp (ASB) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c
- Synchrony Financial (SYF) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!