Mast Therapeutics (MSTX) Enters Supply Agreement with Royal Philips (PHG) Unit
- Wall St. drops on bleak GE outlook; Microsoft blunts losses
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil on track for first weekly loss in five weeks on strong dollar
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mast Therapeutics, Inc. (NYSE: MSTX) announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Aires Pharmaceuticals, Inc., has entered into a collaborative agreement with Philips Respironics, Inc., the sleep and respiratory care business of Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG) related to the supply of Philips' I-neb® Adaptive Aersol Delivery (AAD™) devices and related consumables for the nebulized delivery of the Company's lead product candidate, AIR001, a sodium nitrite solution for intermittent inhalation. The I-neb® handheld AAD™ system is a small, portable and virtually silent vibrating mesh technology nebulizer system designed to deliver more precise, reproducible doses of medication faster than conventional jet or ultrasonic nebulizers.
"As we announced last month, we are accelerating activities related to our AIR001 program with support for ongoing, investigator-sponsored Phase 2 clinical studies of AIR001 being conducted at three separate prestigious research institutions," said Brian M. Culley, Chief Executive Officer of Mast. "As part of this commitment, we are pleased to be working with Philips, a recognized global leader in the development of aerosol delivery devices and a leading provider of innovative solutions for the global respiratory market. Our agreement has been extended to include not only two of the Phase 2 studies of AIR001 currently underway, but also future clinical studies and will remain in place until 2020 or sooner, if replaced with a commercial supply agreement."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) Says It's Cooperating Fully with Detroit Health Department Following Case of Hepatitis A
- Dermira (DERM) Presents Data from DRM01 Phase 2b Trial
- Altra Industrial Motion (AIMC) to Acquire GKN's Stromag
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!