Mast Therapeutics (MSTX) Enters Supply Agreement with Royal Philips (PHG) Unit
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mast Therapeutics, Inc. (NYSE: MSTX) announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Aires Pharmaceuticals, Inc., has entered into a collaborative agreement with Philips Respironics, Inc., the sleep and respiratory care business of Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG) related to the supply of Philips' I-neb® Adaptive Aersol Delivery (AAD™) devices and related consumables for the nebulized delivery of the Company's lead product candidate, AIR001, a sodium nitrite solution for intermittent inhalation. The I-neb® handheld AAD™ system is a small, portable and virtually silent vibrating mesh technology nebulizer system designed to deliver more precise, reproducible doses of medication faster than conventional jet or ultrasonic nebulizers.
"As we announced last month, we are accelerating activities related to our AIR001 program with support for ongoing, investigator-sponsored Phase 2 clinical studies of AIR001 being conducted at three separate prestigious research institutions," said Brian M. Culley, Chief Executive Officer of Mast. "As part of this commitment, we are pleased to be working with Philips, a recognized global leader in the development of aerosol delivery devices and a leading provider of innovative solutions for the global respiratory market. Our agreement has been extended to include not only two of the Phase 2 studies of AIR001 currently underway, but also future clinical studies and will remain in place until 2020 or sooner, if replaced with a commercial supply agreement."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- NuStar (NS) Announces Agreement to Acquire Crude Oil and Refined Product Terminal Assets from Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Acceptance of Opdivo sBLA as Treatment for Adv. Bladder Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!