Mallinckrodt (MNK) Granted FDA Fast Track Designation for Synacthen IND as DMD Treatment
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Mallinckrodt plc (NYSE: MNK) said the FDA has granted the company's request for a Fast Track designation for its Investigational New Drug (IND) application for Synacthen® Depot in the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). Synacthen Depot is a depot formulation of Synacthen (tetracosactide), a synthetic 24 amino acid melanocortin receptor agonist. Synacthen Depot is approved and marketed outside of the U.S. for certain autoimmune and inflammatory conditions, but has never been approved for use in patients in the U.S.
"We are pleased with the FDA's determination that our IND application for use of Synacthen Depot in treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy meets the agency's established criteria for a Fast Track designation, and are happy to report the first patients have been dosed in the initial phase 1 trial," said Steven Romano, M.D., Senior Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer. "DMD is a devastating disease for which there are few effective treatment options, and Mallinckrodt believes Synacthen Depot may have potential to offer physicians and patients a new alternative."
The agency's Fast Track designation is a process designed to facilitate the development, and expedite the review of drugs to treat serious conditions and fill an unmet medical need. The purpose is to get important new drugs to the patient earlier. Fast Track addresses a broad range of serious conditions1.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Positive Thesis 'Intact' Following FTC Settlement - Guggenheim
- Concert Pharma (CNCE) CTP-656 Granted FDA Orphan Drug Designation in CF
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!